Anti Drone/Lobototon Squad

Home Forums Strategy & Tactics USA Anti Drone/Lobototon Squad

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  green beanie 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keith Davis
    Keith Davis
    Participant

This is a theoretical but interesting idea. Take a unit of Armored Flivers, load a machine gun team in each truck and you have a mobile anti infantry squad. When deployed you have 6 machine guns ready to rumble. That is 18 dice for the kill. Back it up with a tank platoon or two to hit the controller tripod. Or use the squad as reserve flying support to shore up a weak spot in the line.

Mike Dski
    Mike Dski
    Participant

Very viable tactic given the crazy generous transport rules.

Richard Leclercq
    Richard Leclercq
    Participant

I like the idea of putting an MG on a tin Lizzie Three Lizzie’s would be 9 dice. If “dual mounts” could be made, this would be a very dangerous unit indeed. Christopher George has sadly passed away, but shades of “The Rat Patrol!”

Multiple machine guns are a great way of dealing with swarms of drones.

wisercj
    wisercj
    Participant

Never forget that if you kill the controller, the drones are disabled.

ScottWashburn
    ScottWashburn
    Participant

The best anti-drone defense is, indeed, to kill the slaver. But failing that, lots of machine guns are great against the drones.

green beanie
    Participant

I remember as a kid watching on CBS Rod Taylor in The Bearcats where he mounted a Vickers MG on the back of his Stutz Bearcat. Now if that is not shades of the Rat Patrol, I do not know what is? Wonder where I can scrape up a 15mm Stutz Bearcat for these extra Steam Tank Vickers MG’s I have?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed