Chrome as martian metal

Home Forums Hobby Works in Progress Chrome as martian metal

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Judge Death Judge Death 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tenchuu
    Tenchuu
    Participant

I’m attempting to do chrome on my tripods. It is…challenging to say the least. I’ve only found one paint, which comes in a rattle can, which actually creates the highly reflective effect of chrome. In order to get that effect it takes three or four coats and long dry times between. It’s also difficult to get other paints to attach to it, but this may be fixed by light sanding where I plan to paint. Still trying to determine whether it’s worth the effort. Thoughts?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tenchuu Tenchuu.
    Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

That looks great!

Would it be easier to tape off where you want to paint other colours?

Craig

Tenchuu
    Tenchuu
    Participant

…my God, why didn’t I think of that? I literally tape things off for patterns all the time! *breaks down in tears of joy*

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

I am a colour-blind quarmby with little skill with a brush, so I can’t make fun of you forgetting something like that 🙂

I can’t wait to see what they look like finished.

Craig

Abecedar
    Participant

I thought about it briefly but decided against the effort and am glad to see someone actually trying. How has it come along I wonder

Judge Death
    Judge Death
    Participant

H.G. Wells described the original tripods as silvery metal so this is pretty good. I also liked the explanation for the royal units.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed