Experimental Tactic #1- The Iron Curtain

Home Forums Strategy & Tactics USA Experimental Tactic #1- The Iron Curtain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Oddball Oddball 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

This is the first of a few experimental tactics that I thought of. By experimental I mean that I have not tested these tactics due the fact I only own a starter, harvester, and cylinder. This tactic is called ‘The Iron Curtain’. Basically, it’s when you use a land ironclad as a full-on shield to protect a vast majority of your troops. This is primarily a defense tactic. To pull off this tactic, you will need all of your non-tank forces in or behind a trench line for maximum defence. Then, pilot your ironclad so that it is parallel with the trench line. This will allow you to train 4 of your 6 guns on the ironclad towards the advancing enemy. When the enemy gets close, send your tanks forwards from the sides of your ironclad to flank and swarm the martians. If the tripods get even closer or your ironclad is “splashed to the four winds”, send your infantry over the top and assault the tripods at bayonet-point. To make this tactic even more efficient, have artillery off to the sides of the ironclad to add extra bombardment. If the martians have infantry, mow them down with the ironclad’s HMGs. The biggest disadvantage to this tactic is that 1/2 of your forces will not have line of sight on the martians, as they are hiding behind the ironclad. Try this tactic if you want to you, I’d like to know how it works.

ScottWashburn
    ScottWashburn
    Participant

You’d have to be playing on a very small table for the Land Ironclad to provide all that much protection!

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

Haha, good point Scott. 😛 However, assuming you’re playing on a 6×4 table with your forces on one of the four foot table edges, the ironclad covers 1/4 of that table edge, with the remaining 1 and a half feet on either side of the ironclad filled with tanks. The ironclad is meant to be a mobile wall, protecting only your hordes of infantry, so that they may create a human wave that will knock the tripods down once they surge out from behind the ironclad. Please note that the force size is definitely not to scale in the diagram above.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed