Is it time for a rules rewrite? (2nd Edition)

Home Forums Rules Discussion Is it time for a rules rewrite? (2nd Edition)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Gunny Highway Gunny Highway 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gunny Highway
    Gunny Highway
    Participant

Before everyone goes to the shed to get their torches and pitchforks…. With the ugly history over, and the new company on its way, one has to ask about the elephant in the room. Is it time to go to a second edition? I know this is a two man operation. Rules are essential to growth of your line. At first, the game was widely popular but lost many under the old regime. One of the complaints was some aspects of the rules didn’t digest well. One of the complaints was the movement phases.
    Now I know this wasn’t the only complaint, not the only reason the ship went down. But new sculpts will only get u so far. So discussion can begin, I do know of the other forum and its work but that was before the IG guys picked up the banner. I will go stand by the old oak tree and wait for the lynching party…..:)
    Respectfully,
    Gunny

Judge Death
    Judge Death
    Participant

I think it could be a good idea, especially if more optional and advanced rules were added. Let people choose the level of complexity they want. Small battles with limited forces could be done with complex rules to make the game more interesting, huge battles with massive forces could be ran with simpler rules.

Richard Leclercq
    Richard Leclercq
    Participant

There are some issues with the rules that should be resolved with a rules revision.

A system with several levels of complexity would be a good idea. Small games can be more interesting with more detailed rules, while larger games do better with less detail.

I’d suggest that the “fluff” of the hardback rulebook be retained.

At the risk of having my name knitted by Madame DeFarge:

One thing I’d like to redo:

Create a comprehensive weapons chart, statistics first, and then apply the names for the weapons. There needs to be a little less need for suspension of disbelief with the weapon stats.

I really think the Mark IV needs to be given “machine” status.

The number of gimmick weapons, like the glue cannon, needs to be kept low. I am very much in favor of an official rule something like:

Limited 750; Only one of these items may be included for each 750 points in the list
    Limited 1000; Only one of these items may be included for each 1000 points in the list

And then some verbiage about the number of limited weapons of all types.

With the coming of the Siege of Europa, It would seem that a restructuring of the rules is in order.

MAKE AN ANDROID APP FOR THIS!!!!!

Gregg Dieckhaus
    Participant

Just Curious,
    What would you want in an app.
    And would you pay for it?

Judge Death
    Judge Death
    Participant

An app? Well the rules, in a pdf format you could search. Once they update them and the app would update them as they were revised.

Maybe a built in multi d10 roller but we can get those for free now.

Ghostrider
    Ghostrider
    Participant

Joe has said a 2nd edition rules will be done, but right now they are trying to build interest in the game and get it back off the ground. 🙂

Gunny Highway
    Gunny Highway
    Participant

Thanks Ghostrider, makes sense! Gotta have the fans to buy the new book!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed