Machine guns vs. tripods?

Home Forums Rules Discussion Machine guns vs. tripods?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Gunny Highway Gunny Highway 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Judge Death
    Judge Death
    Participant

On the facebook page for AQMF i notived a lot of people talking about changes to the machine gun rules that would make it easier for MGs to damage armor, but harder to kill a vehicle, suggesting things like adding a -1 0r -2 to damage rolls against tripods to make it harder for them to outright kill one but still let damage them.

Was there ever a decision on this?

Gregg Dieckhaus
    Participant

There has been no official errata or statement on this.

Judge Death
    Judge Death
    Participant

Ok, Say, Gregg, do you still go to archon? Or diecon? I hear there was some kerfuffle about an archon vs diecon gamer thing. Sheesh, i wish gamers would just get along better. Hope things are going well for you.

Gregg Dieckhaus
    Participant

I hadn’t heard about the kefuffle… sometimes I go… mostly not as I usually just go to GenCon

Quendil
    Participant

You can find lots of rules discussions here Rules Discussion Link

They were started after the first company went under and before Ironclad Games bought the game.

Gunny Highway
    Gunny Highway
    Participant

This is what we do regarding MG fire. If you hit and when you roll for damage, we use a d6. This limits damage to the 1-6 range on the tripod damage table. Also we use this for infantry in case u get to use the “Lucky Strike” rule!
    Respectfully,
    Gunny

Judge Death
    Judge Death
    Participant

The d6 idea sounds good.

Richard Leclercq
    Richard Leclercq
    Participant

I don’t go to facebook much.

The MG is most effective after a big gun has “cracked” the armor and reduced the basic armor to 8 or 9. This is where the multiple hits start to really do damage.

On the other forums, there is a general consensus that the HMG is a version of the Browning “Ma Deuce” .50 caliber machine gun, a weapon that will tear armor to pieces.

Gunny Highway
    Gunny Highway
    Participant

I far as I can determine our main MG, the Browning, fired a 30-06 cartridge and is nowhere near the power of the Ma-Duece. However, having said that we are dealing with an alternate history line and the 50 may have come out earlier.
    Respectfully,
    Gunny

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed