More Pics of Royal Scientist

Home Forums Hobby More Pics of Royal Scientist

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Oddball Oddball 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Leclercq
    Richard Leclercq
    Participant

I am having an issue building my Royal Scientist.

It seems I have 4 arms and only three places to put them.

I also have a small round (.125 inch diameter) thing that looks vaguely like a hatch cover with a small wheel as a handle.

I can’t seem to find a picture that showes the location of the light saber….

Joe
    Joe

Hardlec,
    Let me know if this pic helps with the arms:
    http://miniset.net/files/cfp-updates/278345.jpg

-Joe

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Joe Joe.
    Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

Hardlec, the ‘wheel’ is the leg cap, similar to those found on the assault tripods. Here are some photos. Please excuse my terrible paint jobs.

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

Oddball’s Royal Scientist

Also, Joe, I seem to have troubles with the reaper claws. They keep sinking to the ground, due to the weight of the claw itself. I’m worried I might snap the tentacle if I bend it too much. I don’t know if there’s much you can do about it, but I just wanted to bring that to light.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Oddball Oddball.
    Richard Leclercq
    Richard Leclercq
    Participant

Thanks Joe.

Oddball: Thanks for the Pictures.

You might want to consider wrapping tentacles with steel wire. Most hardware stores carry 20 gauge steel wire, stainless if you can find it hardware stores. Get the stainless if you can find it.
    Try to wrap it so the wire more-or-less fits in the indented rings. Be careful, because once the wire is glued in place the tentacle will not want to bend at all. The glue will fail rather than the metal bending.

I should be able to finish soon.

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

No problem, Hardlec.

I’ll definitely have to try the wire on the tentacle(s). Tomorrow I plan to re-coat the tentacles with another layer of silver to hopefully help reinforce them until I can get the wire.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed