re unit of tanks

Home Forums Rules Discussion re unit of tanks

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bumble 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bumble
    Participant

can anyone clarify please….
    if a unit of three tanks, can each element fire at separate targets? or do they all have to fire at the same target?

Gregg Dieckhaus
    Participant

All elements of a unit must fire at the same unit. (With the exception of large machines that state they can fire at multiple targets)

1) PICK A TARGET The player simply indicates which of his own units is going to shoot, and nominates an enemy unit as the target. One of your units shoots at one of your opponent’s units. Most elements have only one weapon, and so make one att ck against the chosen target. Some elements have more than one weapon, in which case each weapon that is shooting gets its own attack against the same target. There are some exceptions to this rule, mostly covering very large machines that have multiple turrets, and which are allowed to shoot at more than one target at once.

bumble
    Participant

Cheers buddy, thats what I thought, but good to have it confirmed.

Gunny Highway
    Gunny Highway
    Participant

Perhaps that is something that could be changed in 3rd edition? Each tank is really an enclosed unit. Infantry I can see it must fire at the same target. Each tank has its own restricted vision. Thoughts?
    Respectfully,
    Gunny

Gregg Dieckhaus
    Participant

I’d rather it not change, attacking unit by unit seems simpler.
    Plus it would change how things interact with the tripod chart…

bumble
    Participant

I might try a unit of tanks being able to fire at three different targets, and see what happens. In real terms a group of three tanks could fire at diff targets.

Another question for you more experienced players:
    buildings – they appear to have an armor value, then a certain amount of hit/damage points before they are destroyed. Is this accurate? I could understand huge buildings taken several hits, but most buildings would blow to pieces against a heat ray???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed