The Goliath

Home Forums Hobby Works in Progress The Goliath

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Morbius Morbius 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Joe

Here is the prototype Goliath, soon to be in production.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Joe Joe.
    Joe
    Joe

And now I can’t figure out why the images are not in the proper orientation.

Tenchuu
    Tenchuu
    Participant

I think the wheels are supposed to be at the bottom. 😉

Can we get some shots from different angles; top, below, etc? It looks very thin in the body, but maybe it’s just the pictures. And maybe some human troops for scale.

Joe
    Joe
    Joe
    Joe
    Tenchuu
    Tenchuu
    Participant

Thanks for posting those. It looks incredibly narrow, and small compared to the mockups. Less of a Goliath and more of a David.

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

I have to agree with some of the other comments that I’ve seen regarding the narrow appearance of the joint between the turret and the hull of the vehicle.

I would have to take more of a look a the scale of the drawings of the vehicles in the rulebook, but suspect that it may well be a tad on the small side.

Craig

Mok
    Participant

I agree as well. As I commented on the Facebook post, this looks to me like an adolescent version of the Goliath concept art that hasn’t had a chance to grow into its body yet. There are considerable variations in the proportions and over all it is rather smaller (which is a reasonable alteration considering manufacturing and other costs). I can live with over all size and maybe some specific details being different, but if the proportions aren’t right it just doesn’t feel like the same vehicle. I will wait to see one in person at GenCon (hopefully) before making up my mind on this one.

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

I’m glad you guys are sticking to the original concept art for the Goliath. Fingers crossed for the Overseer! 😄

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

I do like this version from here. The support under the turret is a little more realistic. it is difficult to tell the size, whether it is close to the drawing scale or not.

Regards,

Craig

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Morbius Morbius.
    Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

That seems a little more realistic to me as well.

It surprised me how much AQ bootleg there is on Shapeways.

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

The fellow who did that “I can’t believe It’s Not a Goliath” is pretty darned talented.

I wish he’d get a license to do one of the other countries stuff 🙂 Germany, France or Russia perhaps?

Craig

IvanIight
    IvanIight
    Participant

Widen the turret ring so that fills up that middle section more also reduce the angle on underside of the turret. These should make it look better proportioned.

IvanIight
    IvanIight
    Participant

Also bring the turret mounting to the center of the vehicle. This should improve the look of the vehicle by making the gun more of the center piece which it should be. It also makes it less of a scorpion tail.

IvanIight
    IvanIight
    Participant

Finally make the chassis beefy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed