Trenches WIP

Home Forums Hobby Works in Progress Trenches WIP

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Morbius Morbius 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

My eldest son and I started making a set of trenches last weekend.

Can anyone recommend dimensions for a bunker, or gun positions for the mobile artillery, or the artillery battery set?

Thanks,

Craig

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

Okay,

No joy with an answer for that.

By any chance does someone here have the Alien Dungeon Artillery position set and a ruler handy?

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Craig

Quendil
    Participant

There are some trench pictures and instructions in this thread http://aqmf.freeforums.net/thread/37/trenches

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

Thanks very much for that link. There’s some great images there and I’ll probably end up guessing and hoping that they fit the pieces I eventually buy. I’m fairly confident I’ll get it right.

Thanks,

Craig

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

Here’s a quick picture showing some of the progress. I’ve been a bit under the weather, so haven’t gotten along as far as I had hoped. I’ve got two longer sections that will be useful for artillery, or anti-tripod guns, and I’ll add removable barriers to create 3 seperate bays in each one of those.

The hill at the back of the photo will be an OP for directing artillery 🙂

I’ve made a heap of hedgehogs, and will paint them up and add barbed wire as time and resources permit.

Craig

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

I’ve also added some Edison Wires, which were surprisingly easy to make, if you have the right parts on hand. BBQ skewers, mdf for bases and a bit of balsa for the poles. The white insulators are off Chumpa Chumps 🙂

Craig

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

Looks awesome! If and when I try my hand at making trenches I want to have them be undeground, like the origianl trenches of the Great War.

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

I’ve got some thick styrofoam for fortified positions and bunkers that I’ll have as being mostly underground.

I have yet to make the million or so sandbags to get these up to the correct height 🙂

Craig

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Morbius Morbius.
    Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

I found these a while ago, and they might come in handy for you. 🙂

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

Wait, link didn’t go through

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant
    Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

Those are great, but a bit big. Good for my 28mm games though.

I was looking at these, and have asked the company what scale they are. Hopefully 1/76, which would be close enough for my purposes.

http://www.renedra.co.uk/product.php?product=128

I’ll post their answer here, if they respond.

Craig

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

For my trenches I’ll probably just buy twenty packs of gubbins for sandbags. Come to think of it, a sandbag pack might not be a bad idea for IG to produce. Just a thought, though.

Morbius
    Morbius
    Participant

Oddball,

Where is the “Like” button when you need it? I think that would be an awesome product.

Craig

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

I know, right! Like buttons are very useful when determining wether or not someone ‘likes’ the idea. Shocker, I know.

| LIKE | 👍0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed