Unit Cards

Home Forums Rules Discussion Unit Cards

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  GySgtDave 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wakenney
    wakenney
    Participant

At Historicon there were a few games of AQMF being played. The GM had unit cards. These cards had an image of the piece, the relevant stats, and any special rules.

Are these cards available online? Anyone have a PDF?

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

That does sound interesting! If you can’t find them online, perhaps you could try your hand at making them. I might try that as well!

Paul Nippress
    Paul Nippress
    Participant

Check out my blog for my unit cards… Cpl Brody

Under the downloads section!

Joe
    Joe

Those are cool and we are looking at making a pack of official cards too. I rather enjoy other games that do this and want them for AQ as well.

-Joe

Oddball
    Oddball
    Participant

Awesome! Also, thank you guys so much for listening to the community so closely. It feels weird to have a company listen to the fans so well (in a good way).

Paul Nippress
    Paul Nippress
    Participant

Glad you like them guys. Let me know if there is anything else you want to see, and I’ll do my best.

And great to see the game picking up momentum – keep up the good work Joe!

seydlitz
    Participant

My wife and I ran the games at Historicon as well as two games at Gencon. I made the reference cards up in PowerPoint because I felt it was crucial to help let people be able to confidently focus on playing the game with an understanding of what their units did. The approach seemed to be very well received and let us run very large games in a 4 hour timeslot even with new players. I believe Joe and Steve are considering doing a reference card pack along the same guidelines.

Regards,
    Don

Richard Leclercq
    Richard Leclercq
    Participant

great work

Ponduca
    Participant

Well done, grasshopper!

Gregg Dieckhaus
    Participant

SEYDLITZ can you make your cards available to the public?

wakenney
    wakenney
    Participant

SEYDLITZ, those are the ones I saw. Great idea. Any chance of you posting any others you may have?

And, even though I didn’t get to play in the games, it looked like a great set-up at Hcon. I noticed that the table was set-up to fight the long ways. Most con games of AQMF I’ve seen have been set-up to have the forces crossing the short end of the table. Did you find that the added depth and restricted width affected anything?

donald.holly.nj
    Participant

Based upon Paul Nippress’s work, I used Avery’s 5389 Laser white postcards 4″ x 6″ to create my own cards. I found there was plenty of room on the front and back of these cards to include the data per item from the AQMF hard bound rule book. Once I create the first one, I used it as a template for the rest. Play testing with friends these cards were much easier for a noobie to use.

GySgtDave
    Keymaster

I have it on very good authority official Unit Cards will become available soon along with a great many new things coming.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed